Kemetic spirituality vs. Christian religion
The Christian religion was birthed from ancient Kemetic knowledge. Christianity became dogmatic and in many ways toxic to humanity. Just like a classroom game, I played with my students called “telephone” when I was a school teacher the initial phrase started with did not get to the last student. It ALWAYS ended with some totally unrecognizable phrase different from its origin.
You might be shocked at what was taught originally as something positive and uplifting to what it became in Christianity based on fear and control.
One of the misinformed ideas about ancient African spirituality and consequently the ancient Egyptians is that they worshiped many gods and animals. This is false and spread due to ignorance and biases.
The monotheism that is the foundation of Christianity was founded within ancient Kemetic/Egyptian spirituality and subsequently became a part of Christianity through the Greek Gnostics. The bible, the Gospels, and personages in the bible are all of ancient Khemetic/Egyptian origin.
The Ancient Egyptians were monotheists.
Ancient Egypt was a distinctly African culture. [learn what is ancient Kemet here] The spiritual system that rested in Egypt developed along the Nile river bubbling up from interior Africa.
There are older African spiritual systems, like Yoruba, that have many of the same components as the Khemetic system but simply named differently. This Egyptian spiritual system became the mouthpiece for African spirituality. The cosmology that is found in ancient Egypt was the cosmology for many parts of Africa south, north, and west.
The point being is that the Khemetic system is not an anomaly in Africa. As a matter of fact, it borrowed and refined ideas from older African spiritual systems like Yoruba.
Many of the African diasporas want to know what Africans believed before European colonization. Ancient Egypt and its Kemetic wisdom is an entrance into pre-colonial African spirituality. Misunderstood Kemetic wisdom is what became Christianity and the other Abrahamic religions.
Here is a quick compare and contrast of Christian Ideology vs Kemetic Wisdom. Again, Christianity originated from this ancient wisdom system but changed many beautifully unifying ideas to the toxic dogmatic system we experience today.
- God is the creator of all things but outside and separate and different from “His” creation
- Example: God created Adam then created Eve from Adams’ rib (a twisted ancient African concept)
- Patriarchal society (male-dominated)
- Teaches believers that to give in to human desires is the path to wickedness (puts being human at odds with being spiritual when ancient Africans did not teach this)
- Because you are cursed, life is supposed to be hard; a sacrifice
17 To Adam, he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’ “Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil, you will eat food from it all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”
- Salvation was being saved from eternal torment in Hell
Kemetic Wisdom Contrast
- Consciousness is “prima materia,” it is all, “The One”
- There is ALWAYS a balance of the masculine and feminine (archetypes)
- Out of the one comes all
- From Atum (biblical Adam is a cognate) comes the great Ennead, the nine universal principles of nature (Netcher) who are the One. That means an aspect of Atum is in all of creation.
- Salvation was not being saved from hell, it was about the journey of the soul
- Matriarchal society (nurturing male and female)
- Lack of trust in one’s own nature and human nature
- Must strive to live up to the perfect example of being (something that may not look like you)
- After the era of slavery and colonization, represented as a white male (Pictures of blonde haired, blue-eyed Jesus)
- Psychologically undermines the self-esteem of all people of color
- Those with the least knowledge and most ignorant were considered the best Christians
Example: Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding”
If one cannot trust their own understanding then who can you trust?
The idea that you should have “faith” and not “knowing” is still a part of Christianity to this day.
Kemetic Wisdom Contrast
- Trust in your own inner wisdom, which recognizes that body and soul are simply different frequencies of the same vibration and “substance” always connected
- No such thing as spiritual and secular, the only difference is vibrational frequency
- All is an infinite expression of the One
- You are the physical expression of the source in a human form not different from the All (no humanized representation)
- One must set aside his/her own will to serve the perceived will of God that may conflict with one’s own way of being
- This idea can put you at odds with your own authentic way of being
- If you believe it conflicts with the will of God
- Keeps you stuck at 3rd dimensional level consciousness
Kemetic Wisdom Contrast
- Within African spirituality, developing your divine gifts on a daily basis will enable you to live through a state of joy, peace and contentment. Knowing the universe conspires to work in your favor because you and it are the same
- Automatically raises you to 4th-dimensional level of consciousness and helps you periodically touch 5th-dimensional consciousness
- An undeveloped sense of self. Lack of meaning and purpose in life because you serve God and must sublimate your human yearning to the will of God (as Christian being human has an anti-spiritual component that psychologically causes you to hate who you are)
- disconnects reason and logic to accept unreasonable concepts as plausible
- MUST BELIEVE or you are ostracized and punished unmercifully for eternity. The ONLY religion with an ETERNAL hell (psychologically undermines any feeling of being safe and protected)
Kemetic Wisdom Contrast
The ONLY system of the ancient or modern world that is coherent, comprehensive, consistent, logical, rational and intuitive. It incorporated both hemispheres of the brain in developing its language, art, philosophy, science, and culture
- Taught that wisdom is the highest level of learning
- Taught you how to access wisdom
- Confusion due to constant conflict in ideology and rules that do not adapt.
- At odds with the science and philosophy of the day which produces cognitive dissonance (example: The original people, Adam and Eve had two sons. The world was populated by two men? How?)
Kemetic Wisdom Contrast
- within African spirituality, clarity, and consistency is based on principles (what we now call Universal Laws) that are the basis of all phenomenon in the universe.
- Science, theology, medicine, and psychology are all interconnected and work in concert form the well being of the individual and humanity, not at odds with each other as it does with Christianity
- Fear of death, judgment, hell and the end of the world apocalypse (all false teachings and misinterpretation of Khemetic sciences)
Kemetic Wisdom Contrast
- Within African spirituality, before the dynastic era, no concept of death and judgment existed
- All phenomenon and events are cyclical (example, plant dies and is reborn the next spring), so as plants are reborn, humans follow the same pattern as nature, you have cycles of life just like a plant does
- The soul is the real you, the physical body is a transitory existence: what is born can die, the soul is not born, it is eternal
- Time is an illusion they believed only the eternal now, no past or future, all exist now (makes the idea of eternal punishment illogical)
- “Belief” was erroneously and purposefully equated to the ancient idea of Gnosis (which was the pre-Christian idea that wisdom is gained from within through life experience)
- Faith and belief as the ultimate stage of conscious development; in actuality the ancient Africans taught, it is the lowest stage of learning and self-development because you don’t need to learn anything
- A certainty without a lack of knowledge is an opinion; that is Christian faith; you simply have to believe what you have been told and have “faith” (without ever checking) that the information given is true
- The greatest sin of mankind was to eat from the tree of KNOWLEDGE of good and evil
- Gaining knowledge brought on a curse within Christian doctrines (psychologically undermines critical thinking skills in anyone)
- Christianity preferred the unlearned and ignorant so they could believe without questioning those in power and authority
- Anyone that questioned anything about Christianity became a threat, therefore they found ways to shut down curiosity with statements like, “God doesn’t want you to know that,” “it’s just the will of God,” “
Kemetic Wisdom Contrast
- within African spirituality, wisdom was the ultimate stage of conscious development; the highest stage of learning and self-development
- Wisdom arises from the INNER CONTEMPLATION of knowledge gained through personal life experience
- The inner avenue to wisdom was symbolized by the feminine Netcher Ma’at (the Greek version was Sophia)
- Enlightenment was highly valued in the Khemetic wisdom system and symbolized in biblical ideas ignorantly worshiped in Christianity
- Accepted the Greek tradition of a humanized God (made God like a human, angry, jealous, sees you, etc.), later the Romans ultimately made God human and “walk” the earth
- Being separate and different from the divine (again accepted from Greek Gnostic teachings), you must develop a relationship TOO the divine
- It is a conditional relationship based on your belief or nonbelief in Jesus as the son of God
- if you don’t meet that conditional belief you are banished to hell for all eternity
Kemetic Wisdom Contrast
- Anthropomorphized the IDEA of what aspects of the creator was like to aid you in understanding metaphysical concepts
- As an example, ancient Africans would use human characteristics or natural symbols (like an animal head) to express abstract metaphysical concepts and archetypes; the womb of a pregnant woman became the representation of pre-creation i.e. inside (the mind of the All), dark, water, etc. God was NOT human at all, but human characteristics were used to help with understanding an aspect of the universe and how it functions
- Within African spirituality you are divine and life is about gaining the wisdom to recognize your OWN divinity and power to create
- All that you do (as a soul in human form) is learning and developing your divinity (no separation between spiritual and secular)
- No such thing as being “sinful”
- being human was a gift to the soul for learning and elevating its consciousness
- You cannot ever not be divine (double negative intended); you are the same elements of the source clothed in human form
Why is it important to show the contrast between Kemetic Spirituality vs Christian religion?
- Because you need the ability to see something different to compare and then choose what is best without having the decision made for you because you don’t know of anything else
- Without contrast in many cases, there is no meaning
- Without the ability to contrast Christianity to something else, then the negative psychological states of fear, shame, guilt, conflict, and confusion become the norm. In other words, because everyone else lives in these mental states I’m ok
- As a Christian, contradiction, and confusion become normal ways of operating in life and is even seen as proof of reaching a higher spiritual level because you are getting closer to a God BECAUSE you cannot understand; Ignorance becomes the measuring stick for your level of “spiritual” development
Christianity is based on rules to follow
- Christianity is based on rules that one must follow. They become a mechanism for control due to inflexibility
- Rules work in certain areas of life but may not work or apply in all areas.
- For example, in Christianity God created mankind. But when he created Adam and Eve he was separate and outside of them. The Christian rule is even though God is different from mankind, he loves mankind
- This idea works great in theory when you have a view of a loving God.
- However, mankind is wicked according to Christian doctrines
- “Every intention of the thoughts of man’s heart is only evil continually” (Genesis 6:5)
- Because of the rule; man is different from God. Christianity sets up and operates with contradictions that psychologically attack self-esteem by automatically equating your humanity to wickedness simply by being born.
This ideology of God being different from his creation allows Christians to love God and in the case of many within the African diaspora have disdain and loathing for self (very deep psychological scares developed). The idea that you can be different from the creator (and God who is blonde-haired and blue-eyed) allows one to not appreciate and respect their “packaging” i.e. skin color and in the case of women their sex is different from the perfect Christian being.
Again, think about people of color who “love God” (one who looks white and male) but have been taught to hate their own reflection through centuries of physical and mental oppression. Through this brand of teaching self-esteem and self-confidence becomes a casualty when one blindly believes in faith.
A loving God that is different has been the means by which we can be punished unmercifully and for eternity. In ancient Kemet and within African spirituality there was no differentiation between God and it’s creation.
Kemetic wisdom Contrast
All of their philosophy science, theology, art, etc. is based on the idea that everything in the universe is the same thing as “God” only a different aspect of it. God was not a man or looked like a man in African spirituality. The Christian belief produces a folly in such a belief of God as a human being. The ancient Africans taught that everything that we experience comes from the spiritual world.
This principle never changes, EVER! This is true monotheism.
There were no devils in African spirituality, only contrast or opposition as a universal law. This was due to the belief that experience (any experience) can only occur because of contrast. To use an analogy try to clap with one hand and make a sound. You need the other hand in order to make the sound (the experience) of a clap. The other hand is not evil or the devil. It is a necessary component of the experience.
Make no mistake that Christianity is African spirituality misunderstood and twisted into ideas that cause confusion and discord. Through the original African spiritual system, raising self-esteem and having self-love was a byproduct.
Unlike Christianity where dysfunction and contradiction become the norm. For me, having grown up in that system of thought and now being outside of it has caused me to recognize the difficulties it causes. My psychological training makes me aware of how the conflict and contradictions negatively affect us on a psychological level.
But, because so many people live it and believe it the dysfunction has become normalized. Attempting to live a “Christian” lifestyle is the epitome of contradiction and confusion. It’s analogous to trying to drive with your feet on the gas and the break at the same time. I know because I tried my best to live it! Christianity keeps believers in check by ALWAYS making them feel inadequate for an inability to hit a target that one can never quite locate. YOU ARE ALWAYS THE PROBLEM WITHIN CHRISTIANITY. You are taught NEVER to question anything about Christianity! Therefore, you, by default, become the problem in the religious system.
African spirituality is uplifting and liberating. In contrast, Christianity is a life filled with fear, mental anguish, and psychological torment for anyone that attempts to stay true to its teachings. And what you may not realize is that you carry the Christian psychology into other belief systems like Khemetic and African spirituality when you don’t examine what you believe and why.
The Khemetic system is the ONLY system that will effectively uncover what Christianity changed. Not only that, the Khemetic system will teach you the spiritual concepts that are the foundation to elevating your consciousness and getting you to move into 4th dimensional and 5th-dimensional consciousness. Without attaining that level you will stay stuck in a world of religious beliefs that fuels war, racism, sickness, and poverty. Or you can keep doing the same things you did yesterday and keep getting the same things tomorrow.
Your donations are welcomed and appreciated